Red Velvet cake is good. I made one yesterday. I learned that you need 2 oz. (1/4 cup) of red food coloring for the "real" effect, however most usual little bottles of red food coloring are about .3 oz. Who has that much red food coloring? There were some successes to this project: both round cakes successfully came out of their pans, the frosting was tasty and sufficient for the cake, I didn't screw it up, and I gave it all away (which is fitting for my "get skinny" campaign).
For some reason cooking is therapeutic for me. Our "Better Homes and Gardens" cookbook really helps me to have a better home. Plus, Betty Crocker might be one of my life-long guardian angels (as is Aunt Jemima). I also find it much easier to give away food if I made it, rather than buying it or having someone else prepare it. The therapy comes in the cooking, not the eating. Although I'd prefer to grill or eat a manly steak or burger, I guess a cake will do the trick too.
For some reason cooking is therapeutic for me. Our "Better Homes and Gardens" cookbook really helps me to have a better home. Plus, Betty Crocker might be one of my life-long guardian angels (as is Aunt Jemima). I also find it much easier to give away food if I made it, rather than buying it or having someone else prepare it. The therapy comes in the cooking, not the eating. Although I'd prefer to grill or eat a manly steak or burger, I guess a cake will do the trick too.

No comments:
Post a Comment